Seco Island is a paradise for kitesurfing. It is only a tiny island (400 m x 100 m) in the Sulu Sea, 50 km west of Panay. But despite its size, it has great kiting conditions, delicious food, fantastic sunsets and star-filled night skies. Sunsets are amazing too making this the perfect dream spot.
Wind and Weather
The wind is blowing almost all year. The best time to go there is from November to April when the conditions are exceptional as the wind is stronger than in Boracay, about 5 knots more. The wins are consistent; therefore the conditions are perfect for progression.
The island is tiny, so it's just a matter of getting there! There are two ways:
- The first way is to take the bus From Boracay down to Culasi and then the boat to Seco for three nights camping. The trip is super well organised and pretty cheap too! Around 180eur/pers all included even food and drinks (local alcohol & soft drinks). http://www.asiapacifictour.com/tours/seco-island-robinson-kitesurf-safari/
- The second way is to use the catamaran. You can get there for a three day trip from Boracay, or you can go on a trip with North team riders for six days where you will visit three different spots including Seco. You will also have a coach who will be there to help you to reach your next level with video analysis.
- Three days Seco Island http://www.asiapacifictour.com/tours/kitesurf-trip-philippines-seco-island/
- Six days safari the Philippines with North Coach http://www.asiapacifictour.com/tours/kitesurf-trip-philippines-seco-island/
Food and Drink
On the Camping trip, you will enjoy BBQ food on a traditional bonfire. It's delicious, and you'll be full up by the end. All drinks are included such as soft drinks and beers and local rum.
On the Catamaran you will enjoy really good food too which is usually fresh fish on the BBQ, Sashimi, and all drinks are included as well.
On the island, there is no electricity. You will enjoy your night around a bonfire under millions of stars.
If you stay on the Catamaran, you can then enjoy a very good sound system and disco lights to have a pretty good party next to your dream spot.
Diving, paddleboarding, and movies on the big screen are possible on the Catamaran.
No Internet connection on Seco Island.
Under the stars in tents or on the catamaran in private cabins.
Philippine peso (PHP)
With exceptional wind conditions daily, kiters of all skill levels fall in love with El Cuyo quickly. An Uncrowded, shallow water beach that offers students the safest, most reliable, and fun learning experience possible. El Cuyo promotes an accelerated learning progression in a laid-back island atmosphere. On the picturesque emerald coast of the Yucatan and full of authentic Mexican culture…
Bariloche is one of the most touristic and well-known places in Argentina, and people from all over the world come to visit it every year as every season has its magic. Bariloche is situated in a national park full of mountains, forests, lakes, and rivers topped off with super lovely kite spots, what's there not to love?! You get to…
Just 2 hours north of Perth you will find one of the best spots to kitesurf on the West Coast of Australia. Lancelin is a popular place with kiters and at the weekends, many riders from Perth make the trip up and spend a couple of days enjoying the perfect conditions on offer. With waves and butter flat water there…
Where are the Best Kitesurfing Beaches in Seco Island?
Seco Island is a small sandbar in the Sulu Sea, uninhabited and just perfect for an incredible kitesurfing trip. All around the Sand bar there is a reef that protects this magic spot. The water is flat, turquoise, transparent, multiple amazing blue and as there is no relief you can navigate whatever the wind direction onshore of offshore around the sand bar. The island is very small and you can even do a tour of it while kiting. There is a safety boat so no worries.
- Wind: Onshore, sideshore, offshore
- Waves: Out on the reef
- Shorebreak: No
When is the Best Time to go Kitesurfing in Seco Island?
The windy months to go kitesurfing in Seco Island are January, February, March, April, November, December