Seco Island is a paradise for kitesurfing. It is only a tiny island (400 m x 100 m) in the Sulu Sea, 50 km west of Panay. But despite its size, it has great kiting conditions, delicious food, fantastic sunsets and star-filled night skies. Sunsets are amazing too making this the perfect dream spot.
Wind and Weather
The wind is blowing almost all year. The best time to go there is from November to April when the conditions are exceptional as the wind is stronger than in Boracay, about 5 knots more. The wins are consistent; therefore the conditions are perfect for progression.
The island is tiny, so it's just a matter of getting there! There are two ways:
- The first way is to take the bus From Boracay down to Culasi and then the boat to Seco for three nights camping. The trip is super well organised and pretty cheap too! Around 180eur/pers all included even food and drinks (local alcohol & soft drinks). http://www.asiapacifictour.com/tours/seco-island-robinson-kitesurf-safari/
- The second way is to use the catamaran. You can get there for a three day trip from Boracay, or you can go on a trip with North team riders for six days where you will visit three different spots including Seco. You will also have a coach who will be there to help you to reach your next level with video analysis.
- Three days Seco Island http://www.asiapacifictour.com/tours/kitesurf-trip-philippines-seco-island/
- Six days safari the Philippines with North Coach http://www.asiapacifictour.com/tours/kitesurf-trip-philippines-seco-island/
Food and Drink
On the Camping trip, you will enjoy BBQ food on a traditional bonfire. It's delicious, and you'll be full up by the end. All drinks are included such as soft drinks and beers and local rum.
On the Catamaran you will enjoy really good food too which is usually fresh fish on the BBQ, Sashimi, and all drinks are included as well.
On the island, there is no electricity. You will enjoy your night around a bonfire under millions of stars.
If you stay on the Catamaran, you can then enjoy a very good sound system and disco lights to have a pretty good party next to your dream spot.
Diving, paddleboarding, and movies on the big screen are possible on the Catamaran.
No Internet connection on Seco Island.
Under the stars in tents or on the catamaran in private cabins.
Philippine peso (PHP)
Ireland is a hidden gem for kitesurfing. There are amazing conditions for kiting in Ireland and unique spots. It's such a shame that it goes so unnoticed. Home to the 'Battle of the Lake' competition and Pure Magic Kite School; the small island offers both awesome wave riding on the beach and flat water 100 meters on the lake! In…
The Babaomby spot situated on Madagascar’s Emerald Sea lagoon gathers a beautiful and diverse playground for kitesurfers with excellent wind conditions. The spot is ranked among the ten windiest spots on the planet by Windguru and offers everything a kitesurfer dreams about: safe conditions in shallow and crystal clear waters, two wave zones easily accessible only a 15-minute ride away…
Located just one hour from Fort Lauderdale or 30 minutes from Nassau, Cat Island is one of the 700 islands of the Bahamas where you can step out of the plane and disconnect with the world! Far away from mass tourism, this is the perfect place to relax or enjoy epic conditions for kiteboarding, surfing, sailing, scuba diving (and shark…
Where are the Best Kitesurfing Beaches in Seco Island?
Seco Island is a small sandbar in the Sulu Sea, uninhabited and just perfect for an incredible kitesurfing trip. All around the Sand bar there is a reef that protects this magic spot. The water is flat, turquoise, transparent, multiple amazing blue and as there is no relief you can navigate whatever the wind direction onshore of offshore around the sand bar. The island is very small and you can even do a tour of it while kiting. There is a safety boat so no worries.
- Wind: Onshore, sideshore, offshore
- Waves: Out on the reef
- Shorebreak: No
When is the Best Time to go Kitesurfing in Seco Island?
The windy months to go kitesurfing in Seco Island are January, February, March, April, November, December