Airush Session – Bridal Swap
Ozzy Smith talks us through the Session bridal swap. The is supplied with two sets of bridles, which can be interchanged using the same bridle attachment points. For the classic Airush feel of smooth depower and ease of use, the standard pulley bridle is recommended. It gives consistent feedback on the bar throughout the throw and power adjustment range, keeping your backlines tight even at full depower.
The pulleys also act as a dampening system, smoothing out any gusty conditions, making for a comfortable, controlled ride.
The fixed bridle adds another dimension for the intermediate to advanced rider. It offers a direct response and uses less bar input for immediate steering and a more crisp feel. Great for when needing to redirect the kite fast on a wave, or for letting the kite climb un-hindered after a kite-loop or unhooked trick.
So what you need to do if you want to change your bridal set up is:
1. Find a safe open area
2. Locate your other bridal set in the kite bag, with instructions, which is also on the kite.
3. Locate the tags on the new bridals.
4. What you do is lay your current bridals all the way out.
5. As well as your new bridals.
6. You start at A on the kite and find the matching bridal tags to the corresponding attachment point.
7. Untie old bridals off the kite.
8. Retie new bridals your kite.
9. And repeat for the remaining bridals.
10. Remember to pack away your old bridals where you found the new one.
The session is for the rider wanting a versatile surf oriented kite with performance free ride capabilities. Interchangeable fixed or pulley bridals lets you choose between more direct steering with on-off power delivery or smooth and progressive gust response with consistent bar pressure. Either way, your Session is bound to be all time.
Video by Kyle Cabano