Ozone presents the Hyperlink V1! The Hyperlink V1 is the all-around foil kite, designed for use on water, land or snow and great for nearly every style of kiteboarding. This kite is made to bridge the gap between inflatable kites and foil kites. Interested? Keep reading to learn more from Ozone.
Innovation is often inspired by being in the right place, at the right time, with all the right connections coming together allowing the genesis of a new vision or era. The Hyperlink is our vision to take you into that new era.
The design brief was outrageous – develop a kite to bridge the gap between inflatable and foil kites while making it excel on water, snow and land.
The Hyperlink is a true multipurpose foil kite. It brings together the performance of a foil with the feeling of an inflatable. It’s one kite to cover almost every aspect of kiting! Free ride, hydrofoil, boost and float, air style, unhooked, backcountry snow missions, you name it and it delivers. The Hyperlink is unique. It’s the first foil kite to be as dynamic and fun to ride as a performance inflatable. With an unparalleled level of stability, handling and bar feeling the Hyperlink takes it to the next level.
With an innovative valve design, it can be ridden on the water, snow and land as safely as a closed cell or open cell kite. We know many inflatable kite riders can see the advantages of high-performance foil kites such as the Chrono or R1. However, the bridle lines and complexity can be daunting. The Hyperlink is simple and user-friendly, the mid aspect ratio and minimal bridle plan make taking the jump from inflatable to foil kite easy!
No matter how hard-core inflatable you are, now is the time to expand your universe. Take that step into the unknown – the reward is more adrenaline, more riding time and a new feeling!
Open cell versus closed cell modes
Watch the how-to video to ensure you understand correct techniques and how to change between closed cell and open cell modes.
Closed Cell Mode
– Closed cell mode is recommended when riding on water.
– Inflation is quick and smooth after pre-inflating the kite.
– If you are already an inflatable kite rider, it will only take you one session to get to know the Hyperlink.
– For twin tip riders, once the kite is in the air and powered up the similarities to an inflatable kite can be felt.
– It has progressive handling, generates smooth consistent power, great upwind performance and jumps well with long hang time and smooth landings.
– Ideal for foil board riding, the Hyperlink produces more power than an inflatable kite size per size – this means you can use a smaller, more maneuverable kite to generate power.
– Maneuvers are made easy thanks to the stability and lift produced as the Hyperlink flies through the zenith – a great help when learning to tack and gybe giving you time and float to change board direction.
– In light winds, the Hyperlink will fly above you unlike inflatable kites that have a tendency to fall out of the sky. This makes getting set up for starting stress-free.
Open Cell Mode
– Open cell mode is recommended when riding on snow or land.
– Similar inflation as in closed cell mode, slightly quicker due to the valve zips being open.
– Snow and land riding are a blast, and the easy inflation and 5-Line Re-Ride Release System mean it can be taken anywhere safely.
– The Hyperlink combines the perfect balance of handling, pop and float to make the most of terrain and flats.
– It is easy to get big air on this machine!
Watch the how-to video to ensure you understand correct techniques and how to change between 4-line and 5-line modes.
4-Line: The Hyperlink comes standard with our Front Line Flag Out Release System. This is recommended for water use – it is a simple and effective flag out when the release is activated – it works the same way as our 4-line inflatable water kite range.
5-Line (use in Open Cell mode only): The optional 5-Line Re-Ride Release System Conversion Kit is recommended for snow or land use. The Re-Ride Release System de-powers the kite instantly without tangling and the kite falls to the ground to re-launch when ready.
Back Line Brake Handle: A quick and easy landing option in light winds – the Hyperlink can be stalled down to the ground using the Brake Handle.
– The kite is water re-launchable, but we recommend that you keep it flying and out of the water if possible! A drainage system on the wing tip allows any water that may have entered the kite to drain out. Do not use the kite in waves.
– Always use a Brake Handle when flying a foil kite. This is the handle/line spanned between the back leader lines on your control system. This easy to grab handle makes inflation, self-landing and reverse launch easier.
– This kite features a simple yet effective front line flag out release (4-Line mode) or optional 5-Line Re-Ride Release. *Only use the 5-Line release when the kite is in open cell mode. After releasing the flag out you should check the speed system, bridle lines and flying lines for twists before restart.
– Speed System and Bridle lines should be regularly checked and maintained in the correct trim or the kite will not perform as designed. If they are worn or not to factory specification (+ or – 15mm) they must be replaced.
Exceptional Ozone Factory Construction
World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
Designed with OzCAD
The future is now – All Ozone kites are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with parameters specifically formulated to calculate unique aspects required in technical inflatable and foil kites. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our kites continues.
Innovative Zip Valve
Our newly developed Zip Valve allows the Hyperlink to be used as a Closed Cell or Open Cell kite. Essentially opening the Zip Valve converts the kite from a Closed to an Open cell foil, allowing air to pass in both directions. On the snow this is a great advantage as the kite can be landed and packed like a conventional open cell foil.
4-Line And 5-Line Modes
The Hyperlink comes standard with our Front Line Flag Out Release System. This is recommended for water use – it is a simple and effective flag out when the release is activated – it works the same way as our 4-line inflatable water kite range. The optional 5-Line Re-Ride Release System Conversion Kit is recommended for snow or land use. The Re-Ride Release System de-powers the kite instantly without tangling, and falls to the ground to re-launch when ready.
L.E Profile Reinforcements
The Leading Edge is reinforced with flexible lightweight plastic battens to maintain the shape of the profile during angle of attack changes and turbulent airflow. This drastically improves overall performance as the foil remains true to the designed shape.
Internal Diagonals And Straps
Internal span-wise straps work in unison with optimized diagonal ribs, distributing load from the bridles evenly and effectively. This increases the internal structural balance while allowing the top and bottom surfaces to maintain the designed profile without being distorted from indirect tension or loads.
High-tenacity durable sailcloth with a superior strength to weight ratio.
Sheathed Dyneema Bridle Lines
Requiring less maintenance and less likely to tangle. The bridles are well proven; they are the same specification used on the Chrono and Snowkite range.
Water Drainage Channels
An internal channel is shaped into the end of each cell along the trailing edge. This allows loose sand or water to run between the cells and out of the tips during flight. The velcro sealed cells at the tips can be opened for cleaning the kite. Always clean your kite by emptying any water, sand or dirt as this will prolong the life of the kite and help it fly as designed.
Waterproof Deflation Zipper
Intelligently positioned for easy deflation and pack down.
Comparable Feeling Throughout The Size Range
We work extensively during our R&D process on each and every kite to develop a range of sizes that feel in tune with each other.
Foolproof Line Connectors
Foolproof, numbered line connectors prevent incorrect rigging of the flying lines to the kite.
Two Storage Bags
Two storage bag options – the Backpack and Closed Cell Kompressor bag. Choose the Backpack for a quick and easy pack down. Choose the Closed Cell Kompressor bag for a secure packing process to maintain the plastic batten profile shape. The Kompressor bag is also lighter with internal compression straps keeping packing size and weight to a minimum. Watch the video on our website for more information explaining the differences and how to use each bag.
You have the option to customise an order to suit your desire – please speak to your dealer for more information and to place your order.
– Two storage bag options – the Backpack and Kompressor bag. Watch the video on our website for more information explaining the differences and how to use each bag.
– Foil Contact Water Control System
– Foil Race V2 Control System
– Ground Stake
5, 7, 9, 12
How-to videos and a Bridle Check PDF with all measurements can be found at ozonekites.com