CORE just released its very first harness, marking this a significant milestone for the company. With their 20 years of water sports experience and engineering expertise, the team from the Baltic Island Fehmarn developed the CORE LINK embodying their unique vision and emphasizing safety, comfort, and simplicity.
First things first, a harness that provides an excellent fit is extremely secure, comfortable, and quick to put on. The focus was on innovative simplicity. Simply a good all-around harness.
Created to enhance the riding experience with a perfect blend of freedom and support. Unlike rigid hardshell harnesses, the LINK provides optimal balance with its flexible design, allowing easy movement while maintaining stability.
Medium basic hardness, high wearing comfort
The ergonomically designed flexible back shell of the CORE LINK harness is shaped using CAD technology and based on the 3D shaping of the hollow back. The middle section offers sturdy support, and it goes to the sides into thinner and softer wall thicknesses at the edge for pleasant freedom of movement.
On the inside, a pleasantly soft multi-layer construction made of skin-friendly neoprene and viscoelastic memory adapts to the individual body shape. A thermoformed EVA pad with an anti-slip profile supports the mid-lumbar region and reduces harness skidding. It features an elastic waist belt with a convenient Velcro closure, ensuring a secure fit on the body and facilitating the effortless application of the spreader bar.
Centrally and securely stowed in the front of the waist belt, there is a kite knife to cut the lines and ensure safety in critical situations.
Secure and easy-to-use closure system
The LINK harness is closed via a sturdy stainless steel hook closure, which is hooked into the spreader bar on both sides. Each webbing strap is connected to each other as a loop and can therefore be tightened smoothly. The loose strap ends can be tucked under the elastic covers on the sides. For optimal safety, the LINK features a safety snap preventing unintentional unhooking. To open, simply loosen the straps, unlock the hook closure and release.
Hook and rope spreader bar interchangeable in a flash
The LINK can be combined with two different spreader bars, which are available separately. They are easy to install and can be replaced very quickly if necessary.
Both versions are equipped with a wide thermoformed EVA foam pad that protects the chest against the pressure of the spreader bar, especially when pulling vertically. Pre-curved plastic braces that are inserted laterally create a seamless integration and effectively prevent wrinkles when tightened.
- Flex Shell: Lightweight, elastic polyamide back shell for flexible back support with plenty of freedom of movement.
- Memory Foam: Comfortable viscoelastic foam padding for a supremely soft and pleasurable wearing experience.
- Lumbar Pad: Thermoformed EVA pad with an anti-slip profile reduces the harness from slipping up.
- Waist Belt: Elastic belt with Velcro fastener keeps the harness on the body.
- Rope Handle: Sheathed Dyneema leash as a handle, as well as for optional attachment of the Pro leash.
- Safety Knife: Kite knife in the waist belt to ensure safety in critical situations.
- Dyneema Rope: The tear-resistant double-layer construction features an anti-friction coating and a core rope in a vibrant yellow safety colour.
- Closure Buckles: The solid stainless-steel buckle securely hooks into the claw attachment on the spreader bar.
- Buckle Lock: A safety latch effectively locks the closure buckle to prevent unintended opening.
- Tightening Loops: These closed loops enable quick and easy tightening.
- Elastic Cover: The elastic cover neatly stows loose webbings.
- Chest Pad: Thermo-formed EVA foam pad that provides protection for your chest against pressure from the spreader bar.
- Slide-in Braces: Pre-curved support wings provide a stable connection between the spreader bar and the harness body.
Head over to CORE to find out more!