KNOT FUTURE: Game Of Kite – Noe Font vs Tom Seager.
Win a Commander Twin Tip by Eleveight, CORE’s all-new Link harness, or an ultra-light board bag from Prolimit this issue in our FREE subscriber prize draw.
Who doesn’t like to watch a good game of KITE – and in this one, we’ve got Tom Seager and Noe Font going head to head! 1v1 until one rider eliminates the other by completing 4 tricks the other cannot perform. Wondering who won? Find out here.
- Rock, Paper, Scissors to determine who goes first.
- Winning rider gets to set the first trick.
- Following rider must complete the trick clean to avoid scoring a letter.
- If the rider setting the trick doesn’t complete their trick, the turn goes to the other rider.
- The setting rider holds their turn until he cannot complete the trick they are setting.
- The game is over once one rider cannot complete the set trick 4 times. Each crash scoring you a letter from the word: (K.I.T.E)
- On the last letter, E, the following rider has two attempts to complete the set trick.
Trick execution rules. These will be judged by the referee:
These rules will induce a repeat for the defensive rider, and will invalidate a trick for setting rider:
- Kite must be at a reasonable position (approx. 45 degrees)
- No down/kiteloops
- No buttcheck
- Grabs must be held with a closed hand in the correct position on the board (no slaps/taps)
- Kite check in the water
- Not executing a trick fully (eg not completing enough of a backroll/frontroll/raley before the handle pass)
- Larger margin of error for defensive rider
These instanced rules as a crash:
- Missing the handle
- Passing to leash or CL
- Board coming out of the water during a butt check
- Coming to a stop after a trick
- Crashing the kite
- Any obvious crash as ruled by the referee
- Straight purposeful ‘lunch’
Other Miscellaneous Rules:
- Switch tricks only count if you have performed it as regular
- A rider does not have to complete a trick in the same stance as the trick is set (eg, you can counter the trick on whatever your strong stance is)
- Only flat water tricks count
- No hooked in tricks
- No trick repeats
- A trick can be repeated with a different grab
- You must call your trick before you do it, and execute it as stated.