KNOT FUTURE: Game Of Kite – Nina Font vs Karolina Winkowska.
Win a Rival Harness by ION this issue in our FREE subscriber prize draw.
Who doesn’t like a game of K.I.T.E, especially when it’s Nina Font vs Karolina Winkowska! 1v1 until one rider eliminates the other by completing 4 tricks the other cannot perform.
- Rock, Paper, Scissors to determine who goes first.
- Winning rider gets to set the first trick.
- Following rider must complete the trick clean to avoid scoring a letter.
- If the rider setting the trick doesn’t complete their trick, the turn goes to the other rider.
- The setting rider holds their turn until he cannot complete the trick they are setting.
- The game is over once one rider cannot complete the set trick 4 times. Each crash scoring you a letter from the word: (K.I.T.E)
- On the last letter, E, the following rider has two attempts to complete the set trick.
Trick execution rules. These will be judged by the referee:
These rules will induce a repeat for the defensive rider, and will invalidate a trick for setting rider:
The kite must be at a reasonable position (approx. 45 degrees)
Grabs must be held with a closed hand in the correct position on the board (no slaps/taps)
Kite check in the water
Not executing a trick fully (eg not completing enough of a backroll/frontroll/raley before the handle pass)
The larger margin of error for the defensive rider
These instanced rules as a crash:
Missing the handle
Passing to leash or CL
Board coming out of the water during a butt check
Coming to a stop after a trick
Crashing the kite
Any obvious crash as ruled by the referee
Straight purposeful ‘lunch’
Other Miscellaneous Rules:
Switch tricks only count if you have performed it as regular
A rider does not have to complete a trick in the same stance as the trick is set (eg, you can counter the trick on whatever your strong stance is)
Only flatwater tricks count
No hooked in tricks
No trick repeats
A trick can be repeated with a different grab
You must call your trick before you do it, and execute it as stated.
Featured in this Post