A-Wing V2 | Solid | Balanced | Powerful!
Win a Ride Engine Technical Changing Robe this issue in our FREE subscriber prize draw.
On both the West and East coasts of New Zealand, the summer Wing Foiling season was incredible. In his quest to improve the A-Wing, Armie Armstrong rides, tests, and pushes himself in the face of wind, epic swells, and empty waves!
Size for size, the A-Wing V2 is powerful! The power delivery is progressive and balanced between both hands, making riding easy, especially gaining speed to get on the fly or deep water starting short boards. This power also translates into high lofty jumps and great upwind angles.
The A-Wing V2’s stiff airframe reduces sail deformation when highly powered, jumping or pumping the wing for power in light winds. The thick leading edge is not only for structural stability it also defines the nose radius of the aerofoil section, which is responsible for generating the power of the wing in flight!
Across a wide range of conditions, the A-Wing V2 is well-balanced. The load distribution between the front and rear hand makes it comfortable and less physically fatiguing for long sessions. When riding waves or swells, the V2 floats effortlessly on the font handle and feels more manoeuvrable when tacking, gibing or tricking around!
The A-Wing comes complete with a carry bag, and leash and in five optimal sizes, 2.5m/3.5m/4.5m/5.5m and 6.5m
- Redefined sail tension and seams, improving the loaded section airfoil shape.
- Elongated windows plus added rear window for improved visibility.
- New X-ply power panel laminate added to canopy in Central load zone.
- Aramid reinforcements for protection while reducing weight over V1
- New improved handle construction and attachments for direct feel and control.
- New leash lock webbing strap for load distribution when on a leash or being rumbled by waves.
Find out more here.