Exciting news at the GKA HQ! The GKA Kite World Tour is pleased to announce that they will hold the first-ever Big Air World Championship in 2022 in Tarifa, Spain, from June 20th until July 6th, 2022! The official Big Air World Champion will be crowned in the disciplines of twin-tip, strapless and hydrofoil. The GKA Big Air World Championship will be run as a World Sailing Special Event and will be the only official Big Air World Title in Kitesports.
Do we have your attention? Read on!
During the competition holding period of 2.5 weeks, the following GKA activities are planned:
- GKA Awards Show (Black-Tie Night on 25.6.2022)
- GKA Test-Event to see and test the latest products in the world of kitesports (21.6. – 25.6.2022)
- B2B Meetings
- GKA Members Meeting
- Clinics with the top riders of the GKA Kite World Tour
and much more!
The GKA Big Air World Championship is planned to be the biggest Kite Event ever!
- Twintip: 24 men, 12 women
- Strapless: 12 men, six women
- Hydrofoil: 12 men, six women
- Top 3 riders of each of the GKA Kite World Tour disciplines
- Top 3 riders of national and international Big Air events
- Events that are accepted for qualification will be announced on 1.11.2021
Open Registration for anyone via the GKA Kite World Tour webpage
→ Selection by video submission. Judging according to official GKA Big Air rules.
Rules & Scoring:
- Pure Big Air!
- GKA Big Air rules will be published on 15.1.2022
- Registration will open on the 15.1.2022
- Registration will be closed on the 12.5.2022
- Divisions will be confirmed or cancelled following the number of registered riders on May 5th, 2022 (minimum numbers of riders per discipline and gender: 50% of max. numbers)
GKA Kite World Tour Event Category: 5 STAR
- Minimum 30.000 Euro prize purse
- Worldwide TV coverage
If you want your business to take part and be visible at the 2022 GKA Big Air World Championship event, please send your request to email@example.com.
For more information, please click here.
Published October 5th 2021 by Sensi Graves
Featured in this Post