The Hood River Junior Jam kicks off today!
Monday, July 16th 9 am – Rider’s meeting at Hood River Marina. Riders, please wear/bring your event t-shirt. Judges and organizers will explain key details about the competition.
- Monday, July 16th 10:30 am – First possible start.
- Tuesday, July 17th 9:00 am – Rider’s meeting @ Hood River Marina.
- Tuesday, July 17th 10:00 am – First possible start.
- Wednesday, July 18th 9:00 am – Rider’s meeting @ Hood River Marina.
- Wednesday, July 18th 10:00 am – First possible start.
- Thursday, July 19th 9:00 am – Rider’s meeting @ Hood River Marina.
- Thursday, July 19th 10:00 am – First possible start.
- Thursday, July 19th 8:00 pm – Awards @ Hood River Marina.
*All riders must wear a helmet during the park contest.
Event updates will take place on the Hood River Junior Jam Facebook page, please click here!
Event Lead Up
Over the last few weeks, riders have descended upon the Hood River slider park. Shredders have been honing in their park riding and getting used to freestyle in the gusty wind. Athletes have been riding with and receiving coaching advice from many of the biggest names in park riding. The young athletes have been progressing rapidly, and the Kite Park League athletes have been stoked to see so many young new faces riding in the park.
Sunday delivered no wind for the majority of the day. The weather was scorching and event organizers and competitors used the day to ensure the park was set up properly. Features were moved and set up with one kicker in each direction and one slider in each direction.
Athletes gathered to fill out waivers, get their SWAG bag and take athlete photos at the Local Grind and Sandbar Cafe. Competitors were excited to meet each other and size up the competition. Thank you to the Local Grind and Sandbar Cafe for hosting us! Athletes were stoked on their Dakine Cinch Bags, event tees and STOKED STIX.
For more information on the Hood River Junior Jam, please click here.
You can contact World Class Academy Marketing Director Lindsay McClure at +1 (541) 490-4225 and firstname.lastname@example.org